Welcome to the Reception Page!
This week we have put together lots of ideas that can keep you busy.
You may want to focus on an activity for the morning and afternoon. But try and make sure you include a Maths and Phonics game each day.
Don’t forget to use your Bug Club login to access your reading books online!!
Collect and write: collect some items on a tray from around the house, cover them and see if you can write a list of all the items you had collected.
Letter families handwriting. click here
Write a caption for the image. click here
Write a list for all the items which are red. click here
Jolly Phonics sounds song. https://vimeo.com/106231366
- Read and Match these words to the correct room in your house. click here
- Read and race game. Phase 2 game phase 3 game
- Outdoor phonics challenge cards. click here
Sing a counting song
- Play pegs and Hanger: Using the number sentence cards and pegs from your washing line and a coat hanger. Make the number sentences. Counting on from the most pegs to find your total. Addition to 10 Addition to 20
- Go on a walk, collect 8 natural items you find. Can you place them in order of size? Weight?
- Missing number tracks. click here
- Make your own Skittles: using 10 bottles or plastic cups place them out and roll a ball to see how many you have knocked over. How many are left? Can you count backwards from 10? Can you write this out as a subtraction sentence?
- Snakes and ladders Click Here
Watch this video of the story ‘The girl, the Bear and magic shoes’ Can you design your own shoes? What colour would they be? What style would they be? What magic could your shoes do? Design your own.
- Make your own Play dough
1 cup of flour
½ a cup of salt
½ a cut of boiling water
Mix altogether adding more flour or water as needed until it forms a dough. Add a colour to your playdough if you have it.
- Make your own frozen banana ice pop
- Cut a banana in half.
- Push a stick into the centre of the banana.
- Coat it in melted chocolate.
- Add decorations to it.
- Put in freezer for 3 hours.
- Have a teddy bears picnic for lunch? Go out into the garden and bring your teddies with you to enjoy the sunshine. Can you help make a sandwich? Maybe you could go for a walk to a local park of field to have your picnic. Ensure you social distance.
- Footprint stamp: can you paint your feet and stamp them outdoors or use water to create your footprint. See who has the biggest foot print. Can you put them in order from the smallest to the biggest?
Get Active videos:
Join in with Pudseys stretches
Join Joe Wicks with his moves
Become a super mover
Get Moving with sticky kids
Enjoy a story: