At Marlbrook, we actively promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
In order to deliver understanding and awareness of these values, we ensure that principles are actively promoted which -
- Enable pupils to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence
- Enable pupils to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England
- Encourage pupils to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative and understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living around them
- Enable pupils to acquire a broad general knowledge and respect for public institutions and services in England
- Enabling pupils to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and other cultures
- Encourage respect for other people
- Encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic process
We are excited to announce our forthcoming British Values week 9th – 13th November 2015. During this week, children will be learning more about these fundamental values through a range of activities.
- Police visit to KS1 to tell us about how to stay safe and who the Police are.
- Police talk on E-Safety to Y3, Y4 & Y5
- T.A.R. workshops to Y6
- Laughter Yoga
- Pottery with Jon the Potter who will be working on a whole school collaborative piece themed around ‘The Great British Tea Party’
- Our very own ‘Great Marlbrook Bake Off’
We look forward to all classes having a great deal of fun while learning about these essential principles.
Look out for further information after half-term!